A stairlift designed to resist the elements.
For users who require a stairlift outside their home, Acorn can provide a fully weather-proofed stairlift ideal for outdoor use.
With many of the same features and options as the Acorn Superglide Straight Stairlift, the Acorn outdoor model comes supplied with a durable waterproof over for extra protection.
Contact us now for your FREE survey and quote, and one of our experienced local surveyors will provide all the advice you need.
- Next day installation available
- Fits to the stairs, not the wall
- Slimline fold-away design
Outdoor Stairlift Features
- Weather proof components Designed for outdoor use
- Waterproof cover For added protection
- Padded seat and backrest Ensures that the Acorn Outdoor Stairlift gives the most comfortable ride available.
- Directional paddle switches is easy to operate, even by those with limited dexterity.
- Safety belt included for added security.
- Folding arms, seat and footrest. Slimline fold-away design allows easy access to the staircase.
- Lockable swivel seat allows the user to safely board and leave the lift without the need for twisting the body.
- Fast, no mess installation. The Acorn Outdoor Stairlift fixes quickly and easily to your steps, so there's no mess, and no need for any repairs.
- Lockable on/off switch allows the user to prevent others from using the lift.
- Diagnostic digital display informs the user of the status of the stairlift.
- Safety sensors. Five safety sensors on the footrest and carriage stop the lift if an obstruction is encountered.
- Remote controls. 2 remote handsets supplied, which allow the user to"call" or "send" the stairlift up and down the flight of steps.
Outdoor Stairlift Technical Specifications
||Overall height (from floor)
||Height of seat
||Overall depth (from wall)
||Overall depth (when folded)
||Width of footrest
||Depth of seat
|Motor output speed
|Method of drive
||rack & pinion
|Motor output torque
||24 v DC (battery)
||126kg (158kg available)
||240v, 50Hz charger
The Acorn Stairlift is specified to meet, or exceed the requirements of:
- BS 5776:1996 - British Standard - 'Specification for powered stairlifts'
- CE Mark - Acorn Stairlift meets the requirements of the applicable European Directive(s).
- UL compliant (Underwriters Laboratory Inc) for mechanical and electrical hazards
*NOTE: Acorn in keeping with it's policy of continual development, reserves the right to change specification without notice. All measurements are approximate.
Powered Hinged Rail.
The lower section of the rail folds up and out of the way when not in use, allowing greater access at the foot of the stairs. The option of a powered hinged rail is ideal when there may be a doorway near the foot of the stairs. When the stairlift is not is use, the rail is neatly out of the way and causes no obstruction.